Mapletree is a leading real estate development, investment and capital management company headquartered in Singapore.
Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd (Mapletree) is focused on delivering value to its stakeholders through its asset-light business model that maximises capital efficiency. In executing its business strategy by combining the roles of real estate development, investment and capital management, Mapletree has generated consistently high returns to its stakeholders and built a track record of award-winning developments projects across various real estate classes.
As at 31 March 2015, Mapletree’s assets under management of S$28.4 billion span retail, office, logistics, industrial, residential, corporate housing/serviced apartments, and mixed-use properties. Presently, Mapletree manages four Singapore-listed real estate investment trusts (REITs) as well as six private real estate funds comprising a diverse portfolio of assets.
Mapletree’s portfolio includes its flagship developments, namely VivoCity, Singapore’s largest retail and lifestyle destination mall and Mapletree Business City, a first-rate business hub at Singapore’s Alexandra Precinct. The Group has also extended its real estate expertise overseas with large-scale development projects such as the Mapletree Business City Shanghai and VivoCity Shanghai, and Nanhai Business City in China, as well as Saigon South Place in Vietnam
Quick facts about Mapletree*:
- Over 1,700 employees
- Headquartered in Singapore at Mapletree Business City
- Operating out of seven countries in Asia, with assets in the Australia, Europe and USA
- Total owned and managed assets of S$28.4 billion (managed assets vs owned assets ratio of 2.6:1; 52% overseas assets vs 48% Singapore assets)
- Average Return of Invested Equity at 13.9%; Net Asset Value compounded annual growth rate of 12.3% (5-year starting from FY09/10)
- Over 180 awards and accolades for investment and capital management, building excellence, business sustainability and service experience